I've been trying all week to get the CPP client to build cleanly on Windows but still haven't been able to resolve all the DLL build issues, and don't even get me started on 64bit builds. Why is building on Windows always such a pain in the arse?
In the meantime I've resolved a couple of issues that were submitted last week that fix some pretty important things. We had previously written some code to hand sending the C++ strings to the Java broker in the native Modified UTF-8 format that Java uses but we made a mistake and didn't properly encode NULLs or any ASCII character over 127, well that now all fixed. As a bonus I realized that our code was also not taking advantage of the fact that the Openwire processing on the Java side allows for strings to be encoded with a size larger than 65535 bytes for string values in the Message properties not just in the TextMessage payload, so the long standing limit on string length in Message properties is now gone as well.
One other small fix adds the ability to set the max inactivity duration value on the URI and to properly negotiate it with the broker.
So all in all not a bad week as far as improvements to the client goes, now if only this Windows build would finish...